Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Things only a teacher would understand

I am aware that it has been awhile since I have posted, but let's not focus on that. I am posting now and that is what matters. My activities over the past week revolve around one of two topics: the stalemate that is wedding planning and things only a teacher would understand and appreciate.
As I may have mentioned, so far I have found that so much hinges on place and time when planning a wedding. I think once we get that figured out then we can work on everything else. We still would like to have the wedding in Las Vegas but we cant shake the notion that planning a wedding that far from where we live might be a hassle, as well as an extra financial strain. The new candidate is Duke Chapel in Durham. The place is unreal. Unfortunately, unreal costs a pretty penny. It would make sense to host the wedding near one of our families (in the case of Duke Chapel, near Sarah's). The issue seems to be that if we hold the wedding in Durham we want Duke Chapel. Again, this must all be worked out.
The past week has been pretty eventful teaching wise. Friday was my last day for leading the tutoring sessions. The kids take their history exam tomorrow. I wish them a ton of luck and you do the same. They are all smart kids, but luck never hurt anybody. I had a little I believe when I took the PRAXIS II test in Stockton back in June. I had just got back from Europe the day before but managed to pass that test. I know that does not sound like a big deal, but there was a lot riding on that test. It is one of the requirements I had to meet to be counted as highly qualified under the No Child Left Behind legislation. I am pretty sure that was all I had left to do. So it was nice to get the report saying I passed. Also, the high school has posted preliminary class rosters for the upcoming year. I will be having some kids for the third time in three semesters this fall. There are some kids in that category who are quite interesting to have in class. Lastly, I am three days in to a 5 day workshop for the History Alive! program. It is a workshop so it has that against it. The bright side is that it is one of the better ones I have attended. I am excited about the program because I remember activities from the program when I was in school as real awesome. Hopefully, I can execute them half as well as Mr. Tilton did.
That is my last week in a single post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home