Monday, July 03, 2006

This one's for North Carolina...C'mon and Raise Up

My first out-of-state blog, how exciting!!! Sarah and I drove in to Richlands yesterday. I love Sarah very much, but there are only so many topics that can fill a 10 hour drive. Luckily, I had my MP3 player (a gift from Sarah) that would could both listen to with an adapter that plugs into the cigarette lighter and plays through the car radio (also a Sarah purchase). Isn't Sarah great? I found a few Pearl Jam songs she was willing to listen to and the rest of the time we spent rocking out to music from our middle school and high school days. We made a goal to introduce our music to Kelly. We want to introduce Salt N' Pepa, 112, and all the other acts of our youth to a younger generation. It starts with Kelly and it will spread amongst the youth of the nation.
Speaking of Kelly, she has gone vegetarian. I cannot figure out. But hey, good for her. A vegetarian lifestyle is supposed to be super healthy. However, if the choice is vegetarianism and a long life or meat and a slightly shorter life then the choice is obviously simple: bring on the charred animal flesh. Eating meat is man's way of keeping the population of deadly and delicious animals under control. They may look cute and cuddly, but dont think a sheep wouldnt eat you if it had the chance, or thumbs to hold the knife and fork to eat us with...but that is a whole other blog.
Tomorrow I am getting up at 7:30 to go walking with Aunt Kathryn. She is doing crazy well on Weight Watchers...go Kathryn! Besides, I think the fried chicken dinner last night, Mongolian BBQ lunch today, cinammon roll snack, and late night sammich have destroyed the working out I have done these last few weeks. A little activity will be good for me and we are getting it done early enough so it is only a little hot versus the ungodly hot it will be the rest of the day.
We have been here for two days now and we have not been to Smithfield's BBQ or Grandma Jones's house yet. I know going to the grandma's house should be the priority, but have you ever had the Value Pack at Smithfield's? If the answer is no, then you can't understand why I am conflicted.
Have a Happy and Safe 4th if I don't post tomorrow.

Countdown to Sarah's 26th birthday: 2 days
Countdown to Mike's 26th birthday: 108 days

Ya, I'm dating an older woman ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home