Friday, June 30, 2006

It is very bad to steal Jobu's rum

The movie of my youth is on TV (or at least one of them): Major League. I swear I must have seen this more times than I comfortable sharing. Think about it, the movie is about baseball and as a nine year old kid when this was releasesd baseball was important to me. The best part though is all the swearing in the movie. As a kid I had never heard so much cursing...and it was cool. The ironic thing is that the TV version cuts out the swearing. I can live without the swearing because the awkward editing is hilarious in itself. Then extra humor is thrown into the fact that the film is full of hideous 80's fashion and thinking about where the career about some of the actors has gone.
Sarah and I are getting ready to head home to Richlands on Sunday. So we have had a thrilling Friday evening full of doing laundry and cleaning before we leave. We feel a little bad about leaving the cats for so long, then we realize that they are cats and don't really give a rip about us. If they could feed, water, and clean up after themselves we would be obsolete. They keep us around for those reasons and the attention when they want it, beyond that, we are just living in their apartment ruining their fun.
Going to the 'Lands will be great. The food is always delectable and her aunt and uncle live on a golf course. What else could a guy ask for? Her family is something else. My family, even if you include my step-dads family is all of eight people. In Richlands, there are eight people on a slow day at Grandma Catherine's house. The Barbee/Jones clan is massive and that is kind of cool for someone from a small family.
I think we are now going to warm up for a week of killing all the working out we have done over the past month by hitting up Dairy Queen. The new blizzard looks delicious on TV. I'll let you know how it is later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home