Sunday, October 08, 2006

Duke Game

Last night Sarah and I went to the Alabama-Duke football game in Tuscaloosa. I was looking forward to it because we were going to head down early and tailgate with a teacher friend of mine. The tailgating and pregame scene was something else. It was almost like the game was secondary to all the pregame festivities. The tailgate we went to was great. The host barbequed up some quail and wrapped it in bacon. He also cooked up some wild boar sausage. Then there was the normal tailgate cuisine of burgers and hot dogs. Sarah and I had no expectations that Duke would win the game. After all, coming in to the game Duke was an impressive 0-4. I even told the people tailgated with that you don't have to expect your team to win to at least show up and cheer. There were a few people there that agreed with me on this one. I put emphasis on a few because the visiting crowd section was so small. The game itself was thoroughly disappointing. We would not have been upset if Duke just lost. The frustrating part was that they were contending for almost the whole game and seemed to be looking for ways to give the game away. I don't want to go into it. It will just make me mad again and I am finally in a good place about the loss. As we left I just imagined how difficult it must be to be a Duke football fan because competing and then blowing the game late is par for the course.
I am looking forward to the week. This year we don't have a week for fall break, instead we have a long weekend. We get this Friday off, plus we get the following Monday and Tuesday. It is always nice to have a 4 day week followed by a 3 day week. Also, I made a number of changes to my fantasy football team. So far the changes seem to be a wash. Some of the new additions are really tearing it up. While at the same times some are just stinking it up. I just need something after a terrible outing last week.
It is about time to start the day. Sarah and I are about to go and finish registering, woot!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home