Sunday, September 10, 2006

This is the Niners Year! *fingers crossed*

Please don't get me wrong. I love weekends. It just seems like after the three day Labor Day Weekend this normal two day weekend is just a major letdown. The weekend has been great though. I stayed late at school on Friday and did a large majority of my schoolwork. When at all possible I try to avoid bringing too much work home with me. Sure this policy means I am one of the last people, if not the last person to leave school. I think that it balances out when I don't have too much to do when I get home and want to just relax. So far that is exactly what I have done, relax. After this week I needed to do nothing.
Sarah made a comment that was dead on when she said, "Hey, it is only money." Between the extra money in my paycheck and some reimbursement checks I was excited to make a dent in my VISA. Tuesday I had a plan to head out of school early and get my car all registered here in Alabama. When I got in my car I decided to take it to the Honda dealership. The steering wheel had been shaking more than I thought was safe and it needed its oil check. When I got there they got me from the waiting room to show me my right front wheel. The alignment was so off that it was a hair away from a blow out. On top of that, I need a new oil pan and gasket. Atfer the new tire, alignment, and parts all the VISA progress was negated. It is my car so it is not like I could not get it fixed. It is always a little deflating when financial progress is yanked from you. But once again, Sarah is right, it is just money.
This weekend has been full of football, both college and professional. USC was off this weekend so it was hard to care too much. Plus, the big match up between Ohio State and Texas was a real letdown. As a matter of fact, the most exciting college athletic development has been BSC Volleyball's first victory of the season. Go Panthers! My hope is that the first NFL weekend is entertaining. The 49ers are my favorite team and the last few seasons have not exactly been thrilling. I am trying to be excited under the old "every team has a clean slate and is undefeated at the beginning" attitude. For even the most diehard that is a real tough pill to swallow. I am trying to be cautiously optimistic. This season I have joined a fantasy football league. So even with my favorite team out of the season within a few weeks probably (I hope not, but probably will be) at least the whole salary cap league will keep me interested in the NFL past the first month after the Niners are already mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home