Saturday, September 23, 2006

American Village

Perhaps my goal of posting more than once a week was unrealistic during school. Therefore, the new schedule will have me posting about once a week. This will only be a big deal to Sarah and my mom, my regular readers. Considering how Sarah hears these things everyday and I tell Mom when I call her it seems like the only purpose of this blog is to practice writing.
Last weekend I had my class for the Teaching American History Program. A professor from Samford University presented. I have heard him lecture before and he is always good. I only had a three day week at school because as part of the program we spent two days in Montevallo at the American Village. The place is an American Revolution experience type place. The people who work there really go all out to make it as real of an experience as possible. The only down part was the lodging at Montevallo University. It was a glorified dorm room. The place was free though, so the price was right. The best part of the weekend was that I was chosen for a trip to D.C. in December with all expenses paid...very cool!
I really wish I had something more exciting to report but that is about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home