Sunday, August 20, 2006

Back in the Habit

We just finished our first full week at Pleasant Grove High School and I am still standing, always a good sign. It is not that bad. The school is pretty good. Technically we did not meet our testing goals, but if you ask me it was close enough. We met all the academic standards and that is not a claim many other schools can make. We only missed two of the 19 requirements and they were both because not enough special ed students took the test. We needed 44 of our 45 special ed kids to take the test and two missed them. So because of that we are lumped in with schools that are nowhere near the quality of ours. I think it kind of stinks. I guess it is important that no child gets left behind though.
I have a pretty good group of kids. This is the first time I have been at a school for more than a year and it is nice to have kids know you. On top of that I also have my own room this year. There are no words that can possibly describe how nice this is. The ability to take a deep breath between classes is priceless and that wasnt possible when I was moving to another room between classes. Last year we had 3 teachers floating rooms and this year we have 4 and that is after we created another room. I have shared materials with the teachers in my department that are floating because I know how tough that is. However, I do not feel bad that they have to float since I did my time last year.
Last night I saw Little Miss Sunshine with Sarah and it is great. I highly recommend it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home