Sunday, August 06, 2006

Don't Look So Surprised

I went to school on Friday eventhough the first day back for teachers is Monday. My exit exam tutoring went so well because much of the material I used was from my binders when I taught US History back at Tokay. The problem was that I never put the materials back in the binders or organized everything all that well. On Friday I spent a few hours doing those things and got it all done by about 11am. I took a few minutes to catch up with some teachers I hadn't seen since the end of school and that is always fun. Then I had the choice of staying and getting some work done or going home and doing it. I chose the latter option. Nothing got done. This should not surprise anyone.
I had a great weekend anyway. I used the weekend to celebrate the last weekend of summer. I did some work around the apartment (emphasis on some), played with the cats (McKenzie would chase that dang stick all day if someone would move it around for her), went out to Five Points South, bought some new school pants (next month I buy some new dress shirts), and other things that were nowhere near productive. It was a nice way to go out. The kids don't return until Thursday, but I know the honeymoon is over. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home